Friday, April 22, 2016

Meet Peter Bogetto!



Bogetto & Associates has a talented team of financial professionals in St Louis to help you plan for your Financial Health...Now & Tomorrow.  In this week's blog, we want to feature the founder and owner of Bogetto & Associates, Peter Bogetto.

Meet Peter Bogetto


Growing up in the upper peninsula of Michigan, Peter left the beauty of the area to attend LaSalle Institute, a boarding school in Glencoe, Missouri, for his high school years. Here he met students from all over the U.S. South America, and India.

Obtaining a B.A. from St. Mary’s University in Winona, Minnesota Peter went on to teach in Minnesota and Wisconsin before deciding on a financial career. In 1974 he began his financial services career. In 1990 he opened Bogetto and Associates. Through his lifelong interest in healthy living, he believes every client should receive a plan that provides healthy financial choices.

To get to know Peter a little better, we asked him some questions about his family, hobbies, and interests:

Q & A with Peter


Q: Who is your Family?

A: I have three wonderful Children all of whom are successful in their chosen careers. Kay my oldest lives in Indianapolis with her husband Greg Stone and her two boys (my pride and joy) grandsons Jacob 11 and Benjamin 8. They visit often and I try to get to Indianapolis at least once a month. My Daughter Anne has been married to Tim Cejka for less than a year. They are both happy in their careers. I of course would like them to think about giving me another grandchild. My Son Ben is single and is taking over my business. We work together on a daily basis. By the time the weekend comes he really doesn’t want to spend any more time with me. 



Q:  Where did you go to school and how did you gain experience in financial advising?

A:   I got my undergraduate degree from St. Mary’s University in Winona, Minnesota. It included an education degree and I did teach high school students for 5 years. Following that I explored other avenues and settled on the financial industry by becoming a life insurance agent with John Hancock. I completed my financial designation degrees for the Chartered Life Underwriter degree and for the Chartered Financial Consultant degree from the American College. Financial planning and advising was a natural progression for me as it kept me before people and gave me the opportunity to use my teaching skills to establish goals and present financial plans to work towards achieving them. For me what I do has never seemed like work. I love my clients and I love what I do. 



Q:  What is your favorite sport to watch and who is your favorite sports team?

A:  I am not what you would call a sports nut. I do like watching hockey and baseball but find myself preferring to travel to Indianapolis to watch my grandchild play baseball and soccer. 

Q:  Do you have pets?  If so, what kind of pet and what is their name?

A:  I have adopted a senior pet who is 9 years old. He is Chihuahua and is a fierce guard dog and a great companion. He loves to go with me everywhere I go and follows me around the house. His name is Murphy after my first childhood dog. 



Q:  What was the last movie that you saw that you really enjoyed?

A:  I just saw BOSS with Melissa McMarthy. She is currently my favorite comedic actress and I’ve seen most of her films. I also like old movies and tv shows such as I love Lucy, The Golden Girls, and the Honeymooners. I prefer films that will make me laugh. 

Q:  Why did you go into the financial world?

A:  I like helping people work toward achieving their goals. I take every clients goals and objectives very personally and work to give the best advice that I would also give to myself. It allowed me to continue my ‘teaching’ career by teaching clients how money works. 

Q:  What do you like to do when you are not working?

A:  Cooking, going on long walks and hikes with my dog, gardening, working out, going to movies, theatre, out to dinner with family and friends. 


Q:  If you had to give advice to young people today with their finances, what would it be?

A:  Start saving and investing as early as you can. Establish a plan and stick to it. Be sure you have set aside 3 to 6 months of your take home income to help you in the event of job loss or illness. Protect your life value and earning power. 

Q:  What is the last book you read that you liked?

A:  "Sail" by James Patterson. I also like reading books by Balducci and other and other mystery writers. The books that have the most profound effect on me have been my middle eastern writers such as: "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini and "The Forty Rules of Love: A Novel" by Rumi written by Elif Shafak.

Q:  What do you like the most about helping people with their financial future?

A:   Life is never linear. Like the stock market it has its ups and downs. People who stick to their goals through good and bad times have the possibility of creating wealth for themselves. My greatest joy is seeing people successfully ease into their retirement with enough money to enjoy it.


Financial Health...For Now & Tomorrow



Contact us Today

Telephone - 314-858-1602

10805 Sunset Office Drive, Ste. 202
St Louis, MO 63127

Follow Us



Securities offered through First Heartland Capital, IncMember FINRA/SIPC
Bogetto Financial is not affiliated with First Heartland Capital, Inc.  




No comments:

Post a Comment